
F1: Alonso says he's ready to go
Related Stories
Fernando Alonso says that he wanted to join this week's Formula 1 test at Barcelona, but was advised against doing so by doctors.
The Spaniard spent three nights in hospital earlier this week after being knocked unconscious in a crash on the final day of the second test at Barcelona on Sunday. In a video message posted on YouTube on Friday (BELOW), Alonso made it clear there was no lasting injury from the accident. However, he said that medical staff had advised him against joining this week's final test because it would be better for him to rest.
"As you can see, I'm completely fine," said the Spaniard. "I would like to be in the test this week in Barcelona but the doctors' recommendations were that I had to wait, a couple of days.
"So I will rest this weekend and I will keep you updated next week with progress. See you very soon on track and thanks for all the support."
prompted the FIA to launch its own investigation
into the circumstances of the accident. The governing body wants to see if there are any lessons that can be learned to improve safety in the future.
Latest News
Comments
Comments are disabled until you accept Social Networking Cookies. Update cookie preferences
If the dialog doesn't appear, ad-blockers are often the cause; try disabling yours or see our Social Features Support.





