Ford Motor Company announced Wednesday that Raj Nair, executive vice president and president of Ford North America and a driving force behind the return of the Ford GT, is leaving the company effective immediately.
The decision follows a recent internal investigation into reports of inappropriate behavior that determined certain behavior was “inconsistent with the company’s code of conduct,” Ford said in a statement.
“We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration,” Ford President and CEO Jim Hackett said. “Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values.”
Said Nair: “I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused. I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future.”
A replacement has not been announced.
Nair was named president of Ford North America in June 2017. He previously served as head of global product development and chief technical officer, a role he held since December 2015. As the boss of racing programs from NASCAR to rallycross, Nair oversaw the launch of the 2016 Ford GT and its winning return to Le Mans on the 50th anniversary of its win over Ferrari.
Nair joined Ford Motor Company in 1987 as a body and assembly operations launch engineer and held several positions across more than 11 vehicle programs in 13 assembly plants.