Freddie Kraft is the spotter for Bubba Wallace in the NASCAR Cup Series and works with other drivers throughout a race weekend. Kraft joins The Racing Writer’s Podcast to share his plans for 2021 and tell stories from the spotter’s stand.
• Describing his relationship with Wallace and how they came to work together
• How a driver vets a spotter
• Drivers Kraft wouldn’t want to work with, and a dreadful season he had with Greg Biffle
• Defending your driver, but also being a critic and cheerleader
• If there was really any doubt about staying with Wallace this season and what he sees being built at 23XI Racing
• How things will change for Kraft is Wallace starts running up front around different drivers
• Be one of the co-hosts of ‘Door Bumper Clear’ and what is acceptable on that show
• If his podcast has affected his relationship with NASCAR officials
• The maddest he’s been on the spotter’s stand
• Decompressing after races
• Preparing to spot at new tracks this season
• Thoughts on grassroots racing and what NASCAR should be doing
• What he’s looking forward to in 2021
Listen below, or click here.