At the halfway point on day 2 of MotoGP pre-season testing in Qatar, Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) sits fastest with a 1m54.953s. That is the quickest lap of the test so far and 0.252s quicker than teammate Andrea Dovizioso in second place.
Petrucci has been out testing the same new Ducati part that Jack Miller (Alma Pramac Racing) ran on Saturday. Third fastest is Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar), 0.310s off Petrucci’s current time, with fourth place Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) leading Petronas Yamaha SRT duo Franco Morbidelli and Fabio Quartararo completing in fifth and sixth respectively.
Yamaha has also debuted a new part — a different tail unit has been tested by Maverick Vinales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP).
Testing continues until 8:30 this evening local time in Qatar.
1. Danilo Petrucci (Mission Winnow Ducati) 1:54.953
2. Andrea Dovizioso (Mission Winnow Ducati) + 0.252
3. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.310
4. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 0.551
5. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.705
6. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 0.710
7. Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.740
8. Jorge Lorenzo (Repsol Honda Team) + 0.789