Dixon to stay with Ganassi [UPDATED]

Image by IMS Photo

Dixon to stay with Ganassi [UPDATED]

IndyCar

Dixon to stay with Ganassi [UPDATED]

UPDATE: Scott Dixon has signed a multi-year deal with Chip Ganassi Racing, the organization confirmed Monday morning.

“I think when you mention the name Scott Dixon, the numbers and the records start to speak for themselves,” Ganassi said in a statement. “We have achieved a lot together, but there are no signs of him slowing down. He’s still the guy the championship goes through, and you know you have to beat him to get on the top step. He’s a driver that’s always thinking about the next race and how he’s going to approach it, attack it and ultimately win it. I’m very happy that we have the opportunity to continue this relationship and look forward to many more successful years together.”

“[Chip’s] the type of team owner any driver would want to drive for,” Dixon said in a statement. “He gives you the tools you need to go out and get the job done, with the right group of people. This team has been like a family to me since way back in 2002, and I’m glad I’ll be here trying to fight for more wins, championships and Indianapolis 500s for years to come.”


Scott Dixon is staying with Chip Ganassi for 2019.

RACER has learned the official announcement of the four-time IndyCar champion’s return for his 18th year with Ganassi will be made Monday morning and a teleconference is set for 2 p.m. ET.

The 38-year-old Kiwi had been heavily pursued by Zak Brown and Michael Andretti for the potential McLaren IndyCar start-up team, but opted to stay loyal to the only team he’s really ever known in IndyCar racing.

Dixon’s agent Stefan Johansson was unavailable for comment.

With four races remaining in the 2018 season, Dixon owns a 46-point lead over Alexander Rossi as he guns for his fifth title.

More RACER
Home