The Northern Conference has released its 2018 SCCA U.S. Majors Tour competition schedule. Six weekends, for a total of 12 races, make up the current calendar, with the season starting in May at Blackhawk Farms in Illinois.
The Northern Conference in 2018 is a mixture of two- and three-day events right into August. The conference will again make two stops at Road America during the season, as well as visit Mid-Ohio, GingerMan and Grattan. A couple Northern Conference events may be named Hoosier Racing Tire SCCA Super Tour dates at a later time. So, the calendar is subject to change, but is currently comprised of the following:
– May 5-6: Blackhawk Farms Raceway; South Beloit, Illinois
– June 1-3: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course; Lexington, Ohio
– June 15-17: Road America; Plymouth, Wisconsin
– July 7-8: GingerMan Raceway; South Haven, Michigan
– July 28-29: Road America; Plymouth, Wisconsin
– August 11-12: Grattan Raceway; Belding, Michigan
Schedules for the remaining SCCA U.S. Majors Tour Conferences will be published as they are finalized. Only SCCA Full Competition and SCCA Pro Racing License holders may register for the U.S. Majors Tour or Hoosier Super Tour series. Again this year, both the U.S. Majors Tour and Hoosier Super Tour serve as pathways to the 2018 SCCA National Championship Runoffs being held this year at Sonoma Raceway in California.