Welcome to the comments section of RACER.com. By commenting on the site, you are agreeing to these terms of service:
RACER.com values the community that comments boards can foster, and we encourage conversations and debate between our readers. In order to maintain a constructive and inclusive environment we moderate according to the following guidelines, and we ask that those who wish to be part of our online community abide by these as well.
Thoughtful criticism is welcome, but there are certain lines that we ask that you do not cross. Comments may be deleted – and in extreme or repeat cases, accounts blocked or suspended – if our moderators determine that they contain any of the following:
- Abusive language. Most of us here at RACER swear like sailors, but we appreciate that some of our readers prefer more restraint. In most cases, the strategic use of a few random symbols (*&%#) will be enough to save our moderators from having to delete an otherwise worthwhile post. The one exception is when profanity is directed towards someone else, for which we have a zero-tolerance policy (see below).
- Personal insults. Posting a comment for the sole purpose of insulting someone else is boring. The only thing more tedious is sending our moderators in to delete the posting and block your account. Don’t do it.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, or any other form of bigotry. Any such comments, however veiled, will be immediately deleted and the offending account will be blocked.
- Personal attacks against RACER staff or contributors. We’re fair game for intelligent criticism just like everyone else. In fact, we welcome it. We strive to ensure the accuracy of every story that we run both in print and online, but sometimes errors do slip through, and we are pleased to be able to correct any slip-ups that are politely brought to our attention. We’re not going to censor anyone for simply having an opinion, even if it’s one that is not favorable towards us. But we will not tolerate personal attacks, insults or threats.
- Posts that are off-topic. Speaks for itself. We’re a motorsport site.
- General disruption, including flame-baiting. We’ve been using the internet for long enough to know that there’s probably some sort of potential aggravation that we haven’t thought of, so bear in mind that all comments on RACER.com remain there at our discretion. If the little voice in your head is telling you that our moderators might take issue with what you’re about to write … pay attention to that voice.
- Posts containing links. There is no explicit ban on posts containing links, however such posts are automatically flagged for moderation before the comment goes live.