The winning Volvo C30s built for K-PAX Racing are for sale. See below an overview of the two cars. Contact Bob Raub or Aaron Coalwell at the 3R Racing at 303.781.0774 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Built in 2011, Raced in 2011 & 2012
- 2.5-liter I-5 turbocharged engine
- Upgraded radiator & intercooler
- K-PAX/3R cold air intake & restrictors
- K-PAX/3R Suspension bushings
- Airjack system (easily movable side-to-side)
- K-PAX/3R front brake ducts (under chin)
- BBS Motorsports 17×8 wheels
- Composite impact attenuating box
- Motorsports calibration for ABS
- OEM fuel tank with K-PAX/3R surge tank
- 3-way adjustable JRZ shocks w/ remote reservoirs, tuned by 3R, and front caster/camber plates
- 6-speed gearbox w/ racing clutch & OS Giken limited-slip differential, custom tuned by 3R
- Stoptech front brake calipers & rotors, Cobalt brake pads (F&R)
- Motec SDL-3 dash w/ beacon receiver, all sensors, including shock pots, and programmable PDM
History & Results: Two cars built in 2011 for the Pirelli World Challenge (PWC) Touring Car championship. $2-million was spent on building and developing the cars in 2011. With drivers Aaron Povoledo and Robb Holland, the cars finished 2nd & 3rd in 2011 PWC driver’s championship with 6-pole positions, a new record for a single driver in a single season, 5-wins, and 8-podiums.
For the 2012 season, Robert Thorne came on-board to run the United States Touring Car Championship (USTCC). Robert won the 2012 USTCC driver’s championship in his first attempt with 3-pole positions, 1-win, and 6-podiums. Robert also ran one World Challenge event at Sonoma Raceway, where he won his first World Challenge race ever entered. In 2012, both of the Volvo C30’s were also used in the making of the movie, Born to Race: Fast Track. Chassis C30-001 is in PWC Touring Car trim, and chassis C30-002 is in USTCC trim. Both cars are ready to race and have very extensive spares packages available. The engineering log books, including set-up sheets, for the cars, and all data and video files will be included with the purchase of the cars. The cars can also be raced in the Continental ST class, NASA Club Racing and SCCA Club Racing, in addition to PWC and USTCC.
- One car with spares package – $67,000
- Two cars with all spares – $125,000