DTM rookie Wiebelhaus joins MMR for remainder of IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge season

Christian Kaspar-Bartke/Getty Images

By RJ O’Connell - Aug 19, 2026, 9:37 AM ET

DTM rookie Wiebelhaus joins MMR for remainder of IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge season

Ford Racing junior Finn Wiebelhaus will make his IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge debut this weekend, joining McCumbee McAleer Racing (MMR) for this weekend’s race at VIRginia International Raceway and the remainder of the 2026 season.

Wiebelhaus will share the cockpit of the No. 13 Ford Mustang GT4 with GS class championship leader and fellow Ford Racing Driver Development Team member Robert Noaker.

The 20-year-old German driver won the 2025 ADAC GT Masters championship for Ford and Haupt Racing Team. Since then, Wiebelhaus has moved up to the DTM series, where already he has two podium finishes in his rookie year: A third-place run at Dekra Lausitzring, and a career-best second place at the Norisring street circuit. He's also driven the Mustang GT3 in GT World Challenge Europe for the past two seasons.

“I’m really grateful for this new opportunity to race in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge with the Ford Mustang GT4 alongside Robert Noaker,” said Wiebelhaus.

“The Ford Racing Driver Development Team gives me an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and gain experience in a new championship and environment. I’m really proud and excited to begin this new chapter with Ford Racing and McCumbee McAleer Racing.”

MMR and Noaker enter the weekend with a 100-point lead in the GS standings after seven races, with podiums at Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen, and Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formerly Mosport).

This came before co-driver Nate Cicero abruptly announced a hiatus from racing on August 6th, citing "personal matters" which have not been publicly disclosed. But statements from MMR, McAleer Racing (an affiliated karting team owned by Stevan and Stuart McAleer), and Ford Racing issued within the last two weeks all suggest a gross misconduct severe enough for all three parties to sever ties.

"Ford Racing holds every member of our program to a high standard of conduct, on and off the track. Effective immediately, Nate Cicero is no longer part of the Driver Development program," the manufacturer said in a statement given to the press this week.

Forty-two cars are on the provisional entry list for Saturday's Virginia Is For Racing Lovers Grand Prix, made up of 29 GT4 cars in the GS class and 13 TCR cars.

Comments

Comments are disabled until you accept Social Networking Cookies. Update cookie preferences

If the dialog doesn't appear, ad-blockers are often the cause; try disabling yours or see our Social Features Support.