
Simon Galloway/Getty Images
Nato departs Nissan's Formula E team
Another driver is leaving his formula E team after last Sunday’s season finale in London, following confirmation that Norman Nato will exit Nissan after his latest stint with the team.
After initially racing for the team in the 2022-23 season, he rejoined last season after a single year at Andretti, replacing former teammate Sacha Fenestraz. Teammate Oliver Rowland won the drivers' championship, but results were hard to come by for the Frenchman, who registering just three points finishes – one of those being a sixth place finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway, which was a win on the road but he was penalized for an Attack Mode discretion – en route to 20th in the points.
This season the highs have been higher – a fifth place in the second race in Berlin – but again points finishes were infrequent, occurring just four times, as he finished 19th in the points while Rowland again contended for the title.
“I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone at Nissan Formula E Team,” Nato said. “I've had three great years with the team and we've shared lots of good moments together.
“Thank you to all the engineers, mechanics and everyone behind the scenes for all the hard work and support. While I now move on to focus on another chapter in my career, I've really enjoyed my time in Formula E, both on the track and around the paddock, and I'm happy to have been part of this championship.
“It's goodbye for now, but I hope to see everyone again soon. I've had three great years with the team and we've shared lots of good moments together. Thank you to all the engineers, mechanics and everyone behind the scenes for all the hard work and support.”
Nato, who also races for Cadillac Hertz Team Jota in the FIA World Endurance Championship isn’t being linked with any vacancies on the Formula E grid, and appeared to suggest his time in the all-electric series had come to an end after six seasons which also included stints with Venturi – with whom he won the 2020-21 season finale – and Jaguar.
“While I now move on to focus on another chapter in my career, I've really enjoyed my time in Formula E, both on the track and around the paddock, and I'm happy to have been part of this championship,” he said. “It's goodbye for now, but I hope to see everyone again soon.”
Upon the confirmation of Nato’s exit from the team, Nissan team principal Tommaso Volpe paid tribute to the driver who has the third-most starts with the team after Rowland and Sebastien Buemi, another driver leaving Formula E after last weekend.
“I want to take the opportunity also to wholeheartedly thank Norman, who has been a huge part of our project in GEN3,” he said. “He’s been with us for three out of these past four years and took the very first podium of Nissan Formula E Team back in Season 9.
“He’s been fundamental to the success we’ve had thanks to his commitment and hard work both on and off the track, and we wish him all the best. “Our focus now turns fully to GEN4 and Season 13. We are aiming for plenty more success in the championship, and I believe that the best is yet to come.”
Dominik Wilde
Dominik often jokes that he was born in the wrong country – a lover of NASCAR and IndyCar, he covered both in a past life as a junior at Autosport in the UK, but he’s spent most of his career to date covering the sliding and flying antics of the U.S.’ interpretation of rallycross. Rather fitting for a man that says he likes “seeing cars do what they’re not supposed to do”, previously worked for a car stunt show, and once even rolled a rally car with Travis Pastrana. He was also comprehensively beaten in a kart race by Sebastien Loeb once, but who hasn’t been?
Read Dominik Wilde's articles
Latest News
Comments
Comments are disabled until you accept Social Networking Cookies. Update cookie preferences
If the dialog doesn't appear, ad-blockers are often the cause; try disabling yours or see our Social Features Support.




