The end is near for Brendan Gaughan. And to be clear, that’s the end of his time playing around in NASCAR as Gaughan will tell you that he’s technically been retired since 2017. Gaughan is again running the superspeedway races with Beard Motorsports, and then he has plenty to keep him busy as he closes the door on NASCAR racing.
This week on The Racing Writer’s Podcast, Gaughan explains the many businesses he’s involved and what he’s looking at doing after his final NASCAR start. He also takes listeners on an entertaining journey reflecting on his NASCAR career that includes:
- What has made Beard Motorsports so enjoyable to drive for
- Some of the other notable team owners he’s driven for, and never said an ill word about
- Discussing the 2003 Truck Series championship finale, which Gaughan does not remember because of the accident he was in
- His Cup Series opportunities over the years
- The retirement battle between Gaughan and his father, and their unique relationship with Michael Gaughan being his sponsor
- Is Gaughan satisfied with his NASCAR career?