Dear RACER.com readers,
Robin Miller’s Mailbag will be taking a very brief hiatus while Robin undergoes medical treatment. This treatment – and the Mailbag’s consequent break – has been on the schedule for a while, but some late reshuffling of the dates prevented us from giving you the advance notice that we’d hoped to.
The Mailbag will return as soon as Robin’s ready, which won’t be long because he’s terrible at sitting around doing nothing. Please accept our apologies if you’d sent in a question for this week’s edition, but rest assured that all letters will be answered once Robin is back in circulation. If you’d like to send him a get well note, feel free to use the comments section below. Robin reads the site every day, and he’ll see any messages that you leave for him.
In the meantime, we know that the Mailbag has a large and loyal following, and in Robin’s absence, the following continue to hold firm:
- IndyCar’s not going back to Milwaukee, Michigan or Cleveland anytime soon
- A.J. Allmendinger would have more trophies but less money if he’d stayed in IndyCar. Same goes for Sam Hornish Jr
- Conor Daly is still working on his plans for next year
- No first-time visit to the Indy 500 is complete without a trip to the IMS Museum and the memorabilia expo
- They don’t make ‘em like A.J. anymore
And since longtime Mailbag sponsor HPD is missing out on its usual coverage, here’s a photo of some serious-looking gentlemen in Portland.
Thanks for your continued support of Robin and of RACER.com, and we’re all looking forward to seeing the Mailbag resume its usual place on the site as soon as possible.