Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross driver Tanner Foust won a Red Bull Global Rallycross event at Evergreen Speedway for the second year in a row, posting a perfect point score at Red Bull GRC Seattle I. Foust, who won professional drifting events at the track before switching to rallycross, held off hard-charging teammate and Supercar points leader Scott Speed for the victory, climbing to second in the championship in the process with only two races to go.
“I’m not sure how many years it’s been – I think it’s been 11 years that I’ve been racing here,” Foust said from the podium. “Some of the best racing we have is here (at Evergreen), so we appreciate you coming out here year after year. We’ll have great racing tomorrow, so hopefully we’ll see you guys then too!”
Save for qualifying second to Chris Atkinson, Foust has been untouchable at this event. He won Friday night’s first-round heat, held Speed off in the second round, took an easy victory in the third, and won his semifinal. At the start of the final, he beat both Speed and Atkinson in a drag race off the line and extended a comfortable gap. Speed closed the gap in the final laps, but was unable to make the pass for the win.
In GRC Lites, Cyril Raymond continued his dominance of the 2017 season by taking his sixth victory in 10 tries this season. The Olsbergs MSE X Forces driver extended his Lites championship lead to 93 points, giving him the opportunity to clinch the championship on Sunday. Dreyer & Reinbold Racing drivers Christian Brooks and Travis PeCoy completed the podium.
Full Supercar results from Red Bull Global Rallycross Seattle I are as follows:
1. Tanner Foust, #34 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross
2. Scott Speed, #41 Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross
3. Chris Atkinson, #55 Subaru Rally Team USA
4. Steve Arpin, #00 Loenbro Motorsports
5. Oliver Eriksson, #16 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
6. Austin Dyne, #14 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
7. Patrik Sandell, #18 Subaru Rally Team USA
8. Austin Cindric, #19 Bryan Herta Rallysport
9. Mitchell deJong, #24 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
10. Sebastian Eriksson, #93 Honda Red Bull Olsbergs MSE
Red Bull Global Rallycross Seattle will resume on Sunday with Round 11 of the championship, featuring a full slate of heats, semifinals, and finals. The action will air live tomorrow on NBC at 4:30PM ET/1:30PM PT.