For the third year in succession the Verizon IndyCar Series has partnered with RACER to produce a 68-page season preview issue. Bundled with with Spring Season Preview issue, the 2017 IndyCar Season Preview Special Issue looks ahead with driver profiles, race previews and a myriad of features that will give IndyCar fans great cause to look forward to the season ahead.
“As is customary with the Verizon IndyCar Season Preview Special Issue, we take our deadline right down to the wire to make sure that every detail is as current as possible,” said Laurence Foster, RACER’s editor-in-chief. “Once again this year, we had a team on the ground at the pre-season test in Phoenix capturing the latest photos and stories, in addition to other features that we’ve been working on through the offseason.”
Included in this year’s edition:
- A look at what the competition faces in 2017, which we expect will demand near perfection from drivers and teams if they are to claim the Vanderbilt Cup in Sonoma.
- Simon Pagenaud will be a man on a mission to defend his title crown as he confesses it’s his only focus.
- The time has come for the next wave of young guns like Josef Newgarden to make their mark.
- The Greatest Spectacle in Racing begins its next century with 101st running of the Indianapolis 500. What does the future hold?
- Raiders of the Lost Arch! We welcome St. Louis’ Gateway oval back to the IndyCar schedule.
- There’s a legend in the making as Scott Dixon is on the cusp of passing Michael Andretti to become the third-winningest IndyCar driver in history.
- Meet all of the drivers who are aiming to keep Pagenaud from making it two championships in a row.
- We learn what it’s like to spend 39 seconds within an inch of your life when lapping the Indianapolis Motor Speedway at 230mph.
- Finally, we survey the Mazda Road to Indy field in search of who will be next to break into the Verizon IndyCar ranks.
The 2017 Verizon IndyCar Season Preview Special Issue was produced by RACER magazine and the RACER Studio. Along with the 2017 Season Preview issue, it is landing in mailboxes now, and will soon be available at many Barnes & Nobles stores. To get your issue, subscribe to RACER today.
Click on the thumbnails below for a larger taste of what you can find in the Verizon IndyCar Season Preview Special Issue.