Ford Performance unveiled an all-new, non-street legal, track-ready Shelby FP350S race car at the Performance Racing Industry show in Indianapolis.
The Shelby FP350S – designed for road racing sprint events in classes including, but not limited to, Trans Am (TA3 and TA4), NASA and SCCA club racing (T1 and T2) – is the latest offering from Ford Performance in a long line of turn-key racecars that include the FR500C, BOSS 302R and 302S, and most recently, the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge championship-winning Ford Shelby GT350R-C and GT4, unveiled at SEMA this year.
“Our goal has always been to provide those who want to race with equipment that enables them to compete and win,” said Dave Pericak, global director, Ford Performance. “Shelby FP350S is our latest example.”
Highlights of the all-new Shelby FP350S include:
- 5.2-liter four-valve-per-cylinder V8 engine prepared by Ford Performance Parts
- Modified unibody chassis with seam welding
- Six-point FIA-compliant roll cage
- Performance-oriented oil pan and oil cooler
- Tremec 3160 manual transmission with integral oil pump, shifter, 3.73 rear final drive ratio
- Race-oriented exhaust
- Race-oriented suspension components including electric steering calibrations, ultra-high-performance brake system
- 19 x 10.5-inch front,19 x 11-inch rear wheels
- Optional forged 18 x 11-inch race wheel package
- Optional Shelby FP350S custom graphics
- Ford Performance splitter and carbon fiber-construction adjustable rear wing
- MOTEC data acquisition system
- Sparco FIA-compliant racing seat, quick-release steering wheel
The all-new Shelby FP350S will be available to order at Ford dealerships throughout the United States soon.