Still no deal but also no urgency for Kurt Busch

Still no deal but also no urgency for Kurt Busch

NASCAR

Still no deal but also no urgency for Kurt Busch

By

Kurt Busch says there is no deadline for his deal to be done with Stewart-Haas Racing as he continues to express optimism he’ll be with the organization next season.

“I think my best chance to win races, to win championships is to be with Stewart-Haas Racing,” Busch said Wednesday in Las Vegas for Champion’s Week. “[I] Talked with other owners and the offers were about the same from other teams, but the offers weren’t the same as far as level of car and to work with Doug Yates and Ford. And all the individuals that I’ve grown around and felt comfortable with at Stewart-Haas, that’s not available at other teams. So, we’ll see how it all plays out. I’m not too worried about it.”

Busch has driven for SHR since 2014 and won the Daytona 500 in February. In August, it was revealed the organization had not picked up the option on his contract, but since then both Busch and SHR have expressed interest in staying together going forward.

“I think with the support I have from Monster and the support I have from Ford, everybody is on the same page,” Busch said of the negotiations. “It’s more about the people and plugging in the right puzzle pieces in the right place.”

The season ended on Nov. 19 at Homestead-Miami Speedway with Busch, the 2004 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion, winding up 14th in points after qualifying for the NASCAR Playoffs. He has five wins in 141 races with Stewart-Haas.

The 2018 season fast approaches with the Daytona 500 scheduled for Feb. 18, 2018.

More RACER
Home