Oliver Turvey and Tom Dillmann are candidates for Formula E seats in 2015/16 with the Nextev TCR and Aguri teams respectively.
McLaren Formula 1 development driver Turvey is driving at the Donington Park Formula E test on Wednesday with the Chinese team with which he made his debut in the 2014/15 season finale in London last June.
Frenchman Dillmann, who is racing in Formula Renault 3.5 this season, is having his first proper run in a Formula E car after undertaking a brief shakedown in wet conditions during Tuesday’s opening day of the first of three series tests at Donington.
Nextev boss Steven Lu, whose team won the inaugural Formula E title as Team China Racing with Nelson Piquet Jr, said: “Maybe Oliver will be with us for the season, but we do have other options.
“Maybe we will have a Chinese driver: last season we had Ho-Pin Tung [for three races] and he is one of our options.
“We definitely want to try some young Chinese drivers, but we also want to have one driver who can do all the races.”
Turvey, who has also been part of Nextev’s development programme with its new powertrain, explained that he hoped to race in Formula E in 2015/16.
“I enjoyed racing in London: it is a good level of racing and it is nice to race on street circuits,” said the Briton, who has no clashes with his 2015 Super GT programme.
Dillman, 26, revealed that he had been brought in to test for Aguri on the recommendation of one of his former race engineers.
He pointed out that the FR3.5 finale at Jerez clashes with the opening Formula E round in Beijing.