Danny Thompson's quest to bring his late father's "Challenger II" back to life 46 years after it was built to chase the World Land Speed Record for piston- and wheel-driven vehicles took a big step toward fulfillment with his team's successful Bonneville test runs last week. However, the project's ongoing search for financing has again reached a critical stage, too, and Thompson posted the follow...
Jul 14, 2014
"We hit 317mph on our second pass today. We experienced no issues with the car and successfully gathered all the data we needed for the upcoming SCTA and FIA events later this year. Given today’s pos...
Jul 12, 2014
Danny Thompson got his "Challenger II" Land Speed Record car up to speed on the Bonneville Salt Flats Friday, as he and his team moved closer to attempting a challenge to the existing wheel-driven LS...
Jul 11, 2014
It took 46 years, but the Challenger II has finally returned to the Bonneville Salt Flats as Danny Thompson moved a step closer to finishing the quest his late father, Mickey Thompson started in 1968...
May 29, 2014
It's been a while since his last update, but Danny Thompson and his small team of craftsmen continue to make progress toward restoring the late Mickey Thompson's Challenger II Land Speed Record car f...
Mar 29, 2014
The latest on Danny Thompson's quest to get "Challenger II" back on the salt.
Sep 06, 2013
Aug 21, 2013
Aug 07, 2013
Aug 02, 2013
In order to promote our Kickstarter campaign, we've been doing a lot more press work. For the more technically oriented publications, that means explaining in detail the changes we've made to the car...
Jul 21, 2013
Funding the restoration of my dad's streamliner has always been a challenge. Large sponsors are primarily interested in exposure, and Bonneville racing, while thrilling, is not the world's best spect...
Page 1 of 3
Subscribe to Racer
- Derani to make prototype debut
- Alonso not looking to switch teams
- Citroen: Meeke safe despite crash
- Brawn not part of Ferrari's plans
- Daly targets 2015 IndyCar drive
- NHRA: DeJoria, Crampton, Gray, Krawiec complete a first-time winners sweep at U.S. Nationals
- John Crossle passes away
- F1: Potential escape hatch for Alonso from Ferrari contract?
- Camping World founder David Garvin dies in accident at home
- IndyCar: Kanaan confident Ganassi will build on momentum
Video: The Great Cars III Issue
FROM THE RACER CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE
Verizon IndyCar Series: News and views from Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett.
Like us On Facebook
- Most Popular
- Recently Added
- Most Commented
- SELECT i.id FROM #__flexicontent_items_tmp AS i JOIN #__flexicontent_items_ext AS ie on ie.item_id = i.id JOIN #__flexicontent_types AS ty on ie.type_id = ty.id JOIN #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations AS rel ON rel.itemid = i.id JOIN #__categories AS c ON c.id = rel.catid JOIN #__categories AS mc ON mc.id = i.catid WHERE c.published = 1 AND ( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_up <= '2014-09-02 13:31:43' ) AND ( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR i.publish_down >= '2014-09-02 13:31:43' ) AND ty.access IN (0,1,1) AND mc.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.access IN (0,1,1) AND i.id <> 0 AND i.state <> -2 AND i.state IN (1) AND c.id IN (499) GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.modified DESC, i.title ASC
17030 Red Hill Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614
Creative Services Division:
Pfanner Communications, Inc.
Contact Pfanner Communications